The Crypto Asset Lab Conference
We are glad to announce the 3rd Crypto Asset Lab Conference, that will take place on November 4-5, 2021.
CAL2021 focuses on all aspects of bitcoin and crypto-assets, with a special interest in investment, banking, finance, financial services, monetary theory, and regulation.
CAL2021: Investments, Economics, and Regulation for Bitcoin and Crypto-Assets
Attendance and Program
The Conference will be held in web streaming.
Attending the conference is free.
Abstracts must be submitted using the dedicated web form.
Abstract submissions must include titles, authors, abstracts, topics, etc. (everything except the final PDF of the paper). The program selection criteria include the nature of the research topic, the economic implications of the research, and the academic quality of the research design.
- Abstract submission: July 16, 2021
- Abstract acceptance: July 30, 2021
- Paper submission: September 30, 2021
- Paper acceptance: October 22, 2021
Theme and Topics
The conference focuses on all aspects of bitcoin and crypto-assets, with a special interest in investment, banking, finance, financial services, monetary theory, and regulation.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Cryptocurrency adoption and transition dynamics
- Relation of cryptocurrencies to other payment systems
- Digital cash and payment systems
- Central Bank Digital Currencies
- The Bitcoin protocol and extensions
- Proof-of-work, -stake, -burn
- Second layer application
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Distributed consensus protocols
- Permissioned and permissionless distributed ledgers
- Blockchain and cryptography applications
- Economics and/or game theoretic analysis of cryptocurrency protocols
- Economic and monetary aspects of cryptocurrencies
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Legal, ethical, and societal aspects of (decentralized) cryptocurrencies
- Security and utility tokens
- Smart contracts and financial instruments
- Forensics and monitoring
- Financial services for crypto-assets
- Program Chairs
- Ferdinando M. Ametrano, Digital Gold Institute and University of Milano-Bicocca
- Paola A. Bongini, University of Milano-Bicocca
- General Chair
- Lucia Mandelli, Digital Gold Institute
- Program Committee - Academic Perspective
- Lucia Alessi, DG Joint Research Centre - European Commission
- Filippo Annunziata, Bocconi University
- Gianna Figà-Talamanca, University of Perugia
- Gianfranco Forte, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Paolo Giudici, University of Pavia
- Daniele Marazzina, Politecnico di Milano
- Francesca Mattassoglio, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Elaine Ou, Global Financial Access
- Marco Petracco, DG Joint Research Centre - European Commission
- Gina Pieters, University of Chicago
- Carla Reyes, Southern Methodist University
- Wim Schoutens, University of Leuven
- Antonella Sciarrone Alibrandi, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Maarten van Oordt, Bank of Canada
- Angela Walch, St. Mary’s University School of Law
To sponsor the conference please contact the general chair at email@example.com