This program addresses individuals with a technical orientation, including college graduates from other fields, who are interested in a career in applied programming. This program provides students already holding a degree with specific technical competencies for entry-level employment opportunities as a programmers.
Students obtain a foundation in computer programming concepts, systems development and data modeling. Students learn software development and programming using object-oriented languages such as Java and Visual Basic.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Create technical documentation and locate necessary online documentation.
- Evaluate information technology system and project management strategies.
- Apply research material dealing with organizational and information technology issues.
- Analyze developments and trends in information technology that impact businesses and individuals and present the analysis results in oral and written formats.
- Use troubleshooting strategies and techniques in correcting a variety of information technology design issues and problems
Prerequisite: Students are assumed to have either taken CIT-111 Introduction to Programming: Java or demonstrate equivalent experience or knowledge prior to starting this certificate program.
Software Development Certificate
800 Allegheny Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Pittsburgh , United States