Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Application Development Lead's primary responsibility is to develop applications (web and native client apps) to support the implementation of business process improvement strategies at the construction site by extending our business applications to the different environments.
The Application Development Lead will be responsible for application design and development, and working closely with the architecture team to setting application development standards that adhere to Kiewit enterprise standards, and ensure adherence to those standards and by employees and offshore contractors. This person will come in and help us resolve performance issues with our applications and roadmap, design, develop, and rollout new applications and enhancements.
• Technical expertise in custom .NET C#
• Communication: communicating with various levels of employees across the organization, from developers to architects to upper management
• Project Management: ability to oversee other developers and ensure they are meeting development standards
• Interface with Offshore and Onshore developers and development teams during the creation of custom applications.
• Design, develop, and deploy application solutions using user-centric design methodology
• Define and document the design of functionality through use cases, business process flows, UI design, and UML modeling as necessary
• Perform application technology innovation R&D
• Understand system architecture with an eye to scalability and efficiency
• Provide technical support and subject matter expertise to internal and external business partners
• Hold external business partners accountable to established development standards.
• 3+ Years of Technical Lead, Lead Developer experience
• 5+ years of IT experience
• 5+ years’ experience in the design and development of solutions
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with database design and programming
• Strong production support, troubleshooting experience
• Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for development
• Experience with formal software delivery and quality methodologies
• Experience with UX and user-centric design
• Thorough knowledge and experience in different development platforms
• Experience with Web Services (REST/XML/SOAP)
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of multiple teams
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Experience being a member in an agile scrum team, or participating in an agile team.
• Leadership experience (leading teams, mentoring and training others)
• Construction or construction related experience preferred but not required
• Some travel may be required
Corporate / management
Omaha , United States