Our client is one of the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plans in Southern California. With the changing healthcare landscape, and as one of the largest employers in the region, they are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer who can help them be a part of the team to make a difference. An ideal candidate, working closely with the Data Science Systems Manager, will be responsible for creating, maintaining and updating enterprise reports and dashboard. The duty will include designing and implementing effective reporting solutions by utilizing a variety of data gathering methods, including interviews, surveys, brainstorming sessions, storyboarding, prototyping, and use cases. The role will require mentorship of the junior members of this team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 6 years of analytics, data science and business intelligence
- Experience in developing reporting using Business Intelligence tools (such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Micro strategy)
- Experience in report writing and analysis, including experience working with large data sets that have complex relational designs and unstructured data sets.
- Experience in database design, query development, table joins and report development and creation
- Strong data analysis, data presentation, spreadsheet, and database capabilities. Strong expertise in the Microsoft platform for business intelligence and reporting: Microsoft SQL Server, SSAS, Power BI, SSRS, Access and Excel
- Knowledge of data visualization and Business Intelligence tools is required (such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Micro Strategy)
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills with the ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention-to-detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects, data input, strong problem solving capability, excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Independent self-starter who is driven to success, takes great pride in accomplishments and works with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities. Working knowledge of diagnosis and procedure coding, medical terminology, knowledge of managed care, claims payment processes, and insurance terminology required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Data analysis experience in the areas of medical or health services preferred
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the IEHP organization
- Mentor other members of the team on data quality, data completeness, data accuracy, and deliverable timeliness are built into every reporting solution
Mid-level industry position
2603 Main Street #1200, Irvine, CA 92614
Irvine , United States