Mid-level industry position
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
As the Associate Senior Enterprise SQL Server Database Administrator, you will be supporting Microsoft SQL Servers. As part of this team you will be required to manage the stability and uptime of our client databases in relation to their service-level agreements. The core functions of this role are proactive and reactive support, troubleshooting and research of performance, space management, and other technical issues, that may require working with Microsoft SQL Support. You will have the opportunity to work on projects to improve automation, operational stability, and performance by utilizing new features and functionality with each new release.The Associate Senior DBA will be responsible to ensure that the database configurations, processes, and jobs comply with published standards and policies. Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and beyond is required. Clear communication will be a key component as this role requires interacting with internal and external partners at various levels concerning technical and non-technical issues related to Cerner's SQL Server database infrastructure.
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Software, Electronics, Operational Research, Computer System Engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- At least 1 years of experience in database management
- At least 2 years System administration or system engineering work experience
- TSQL Coding, PowerShell Scripting, Automation
- Experience as DBA SQL Server 2008/12/14 /16
- Experience on System DBA tasks, TSQL Programming, High Availability, Performance Tuning, SQL Server Architecture
- Certification ITIL, SQL Server certifications
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
|If you are an individual with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, and need assistance or an accommodation in the recruiting process, please contact us by calling 866-434-1543 or by emailing CernerCareers@cerner.com.|
Associate Senior Implementation Database Administrator
We are excited to add an Associate Senior Implementation Database Administrator to our Cerner works Database...
We are excited to hire a System Engineer for our CernerWorks team. As a System Engineer, you are responsible...
Senior Implementation Database Administrator
Join a dynamic community of database administrators. You will be an important member of a team that manages...