Mid-level industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, The Software Analyst: QA and Technical Support, will be part of the AI-enabled Drug Discovery Solutions, and work closely with the internal IT, internal and external software development teams and MilliporeSigma customers for providing high-quality QA and technical support. You will be responsible for designing and executing the QA testing cases for the web application software (the product), and handling complex technical and functional queries from customers across the globe as first line support.
· Understanding the end-user use-cases of the product at in-depth level
· Becoming familiar with all the requirements for end-users (user-stories) and being able to craft test-cases against the requirements
· Performing, planning, and supporting tasks related to operational test and evaluation requirements
· Writing and executing test scripts, test cases and test scenarios for overall quality assurance process
· Analyzing, developing and implementing testing procedures, programming and documentation
· Providing a tracible matrix of test results
· Analyzing and providing technical inputs and report for management on applicable program/application/service test requirements
· Documenting defects and providing reports to management personnel for the purposes of recycling and correction of software/documentation
Software Customer Support:
· Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively, and support end-user training and related customer needs
· Being able to write technically on the product for end-user notification and for other end-user interactions
· Deploying, maintaining, and supporting software installation for customers and monitor usage [experience with AWS or other cloud deployments]
· Offer direct customer service and technical support to user through phone, email and in-person.
· Extensively research and document customer technical issues.
· Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer software and technical inquiries,
· Meet SLAs like response and resolution times by partnering within L1, L2 and L3 Support organizations, and manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution.
· Collaborate with Technical Support team, IT team to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate.
· Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status.
· Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· 1+ years of experience in software QA/QC process, testing and tools
· 1+ years of experience in L1 technical customer support, with a strong customer interaction experience
· Experience in software design, QA/QC testing, and/or troubleshooting for scientific software. The ideal candidate will have a certified software quality analyst, certified software tester, or similar designation.
·Experience in software development life cycle and the agile methodology (in particular scurm approach)
· Experience or knowledge in scientific software for chemistry/biology/drug discovery
· Experience or knowledge in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, and related areas
· Hands-on experience creating test plans and test cases and using issue tracking systems (JIRA, Github)
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
· Ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts
· Active listening skills and excellent written and oral communications skills
· Customer Service Orientation
· Attention to detail when communicating with customers (verbal & written)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.