Executive / senior industry position
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
McElhanney Ltd. is seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager to join our growing team in Nanaimo, BC. This is a great opportunity for a motivated Civil Engineer who has experience leading project teams and is familiar with Vancouver Island. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a challenging opportunity in Civil Engineering, while maintaining the work/life balance that only Vancouver Island can offer.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy working with local governments, First Nations, and private industry, in a fast-paced environment. McElhanney’s culture of mentorship and career growth makes this position ideal for the successful candidate to both mentor junior staff, and to be mentored by senior management and engineering specialists within our organization.
For additional information and opportunities on Vancouver Island, visit our customized Vancouver Island careers page.
- Manage civil and municipal projects
- Carry out and oversee aspects of engineering design for land development and municipal projects, from proposal stage through commissioning of the work
- Develop new business and establish strategic relationships with key clients, agencies and partners
- Prepare and submit superior proposals and technical reports
- Generate invoices for clients and track against agreed client budgets
- Manage multidisciplinary teams, providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of progressive experience in the design and management of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered
- Knowledge of Vancouver Island land development markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset
- Demonstrated sound business development and client liaison skills and a keen entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with all government levels, construction contractors and developers
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D considered an asset, as well as municipal infrastructure modeling software.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As the second largest city on Vancouver Island which has earned the title “Canada’s Sunporch,” Nanaimo is a thriving mix of restaurants, music venues, shops, galleries, and unique cultural elements—such as the world-famous Bathtub Races! Nanaimo is host to a multitude of retail opportunities including the largest mall on Vancouver Island - Woodgrove Centre. Nanaimo also offers natural beauty at every turn, from mountain wilderness to spectacular beaches, with vast recreational opportunities for everyone.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.