Practitioner / consultant
Job Title: Controls Systems Principal Engineer – Chassis Controls
Department: Software Development Team
Reporting to: Controls Systems Manager
Purpose of the Role
A rare and exciting opportunity to join our highly successful Controls Software Team as Controls Systems Principal Engineer in Chassis Controls. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of embedded control algorithms, diagnostics and calibration for the whole vehicle, performance related control systems. The role brings unparalleled levels of responsibility, ownership and direct involvement with our world leading products.
Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree 2:1 or above.
- Model-based, auto-coded software prototyping and production implementation
- Support vehicle software testing and calibration
- Very good Control theory background
- Very good knowledge of Chassis Controls systems
- Good knowledge of Aero Controls systems
- Good knowledge of Traction Controls systems
Skills, knowledge, abilities
- Leading Chassis Controls Software Development, managing a team of two Senior Engineers inside the Software Development Department
- Software requirements capture and detailed software design into specifications
- Model-based control software development and verification
- AUTOSAR software components generation and integration
- Verification testing in MIL, SIL and HIL environments, and in-vehicle integration
- Compliance to industry standards such as ISO26262 and ASPICE
- At least 6 years of experience in the automotive sector
- Long term view on solutions and problem solving
- Willingness to work in team and to collaborate actively inside it
- Conscientious and excellent attention to quality, reliability and safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent personal and team workload management skills
- Proactivity in facing potential problems and in possibly anticipating them
- Willingness to work in a high paced environment and available to work extra-hours
- Travelling to proving grounds in all seasons (winter/summer testing)
- Driving Licence
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
Practitioner / consultant
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom