Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)The Data Analyst 2 is responsible for health care data extraction, cleaning and visualization analysis to inform healthcare analytic product research and development. Knowledge of claims and other retrospective data sources and visualization tools will be used to identify opportunities, explore business questions, and make valuable discoveries for prototype development and product improvement.You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Analytic team to extract and analyze claims and electronic health data using Tableau, a data visualization tool, in order support the Analytic team that conducts healthcare informatics product research (e.g. creation of analytic tools and models to assess current and future health care utilization, costs and quality from multiple data sources)
- Create and format PowerPoint presentations for client meetings incorporating visualization techniques (e.g. Tableau and graphics) in collaboration with a large analytic product team
- Participate on cross-functional project teams and deliver analyses according to project schedule
- Collaborate with IT and business units
- Produce clear and comprehensive documentation of methods, logic and process steps. Present findings and results to both business and development audiences
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Healthcare Informatics or related healthcare analytics experience
- 1+ years of experience in the following:
- Healthcare analytics/informatics
- Healthcare data processing and extraction tools (e.g. SAS, R, SQL)
- Creating and formatting PowerPoint presentations for client meetings
- Experience with claims episode grouping and/or predictive modeling software --- with experience using Symmetry analytic products (ETG/ERG/PEG) preferred
- Strong knowledge of administrative claims and/or clinical data accessed via large data warehouse environment
- Experience using claims and/or clinical data in applications such as: risk identification and stratification, cost and utilization reporting, provider measurement, trending, benchmarking, population health and care coordination, quality measurement or clinical outcomes
- Proficiency with SQL, SAS, R , Python and/or other statistical programs
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (including Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Self-assured, self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
Job Keywords: Data Analyst 2, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, work from home, travel, remote
- Job FamilyAnalytics
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Junior industry position
Eden Prairie , United States