Junior industry position
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen.
Be part of an innovative Data Discovery team where you’ll get involved with big data, rapidly prototyping solutions for massive amounts of information. We want to make the healthcare system and technology work better for everyone and this team will enhance our ability to make complex data driven decisions.
- Data modeling and big data development
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development
- Storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles
- Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud Development with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems.
- Management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments
- Analyse current business practices, data, processes and procedures and identify future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities
- Design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting
- Helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data
- Understanding, experience with ETL tools like Data Stage, Ab Initio
- General knowledge of programming and databases, not dependent on technology (i.e. has a good grasp of the basics - processes, threads, database, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile development environment including scrum and story tracking
- Work on applications within a private cloud environment
- Provide ongoing expertise to operational support groups in order to address identified application problems / issues, as requested
- Analytical skills to identify data and process challenges within the area of expertise
- Gathering and documenting requirements and architecture
- Communication skills to present explanations and information to others with our without a technical background
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Dublin, IR, Ireland
- Job FamilyTechnology
Additional Job Detail Information
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.