Responsibilities:As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for building AI and Data Science models. You will need to rapidly prototype various algorithmic implementations and test their efficacy using appropriate experimental design and hypothesis validation.
Basic Qualifications:BS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, or related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence or related field with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with Financial data sets, or S&P’s credit ratings process is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and working experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributional Semantics, Data Science, Knowledge Engineering
- Proficient programming skills in a high-level language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, Perl, Matlab, R)
- Experience with statistical data analysis, experimental design, and hypotheses validation
- Project-based experience with some of the following tools:
- Applied machine learning (e.g. libSVM, Shogun, Scikit-learn or similar)
- Natural Language Processing (e.g., ClearTK, ScalaNLP/Breeze, ClearNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, or similar)
- Statistical data analysis and experimental design (e.g., using R, Matlab, iPython, etc.)
- Information retrieval and search engines, e.g. Solr/Lucene
- Distributed computing platforms, such as Hadoop (Hive, HBase, Pig), Spark, GraphLab
- Databases (traditional and noSQL)
Mid-level industry position
New York City, New York, SAD
New York City , United States