We are looking for a hands-on developer and operations person with eye for automation. This position will focus on uptime of applications hosted and maintained by TPaaS. Come work on an exciting new project used in every country in the world with the latest technologies where your efforts will dramatically impact over 100 developers while saving the company money. You will be designing and improving our next generation platforms with several million users.
The ideal candidate will have a strong aversion to manual fixes to production that results in repeating tasks that could be automated. We need a self-starter, who, given a rough definition of success will drive to a solution utilizing necessary resources including custom programming. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with the unknown, and not afraid to try new processes and technologies. They should have the ability to identify multiple options and pick the best path. We also need someone who understands Production uptime, ITILv3, Change Process and tools to measure the same to be shared across the company. The candidate should understand networking well enough to troubleshoot and correct DNS and port issues.
SRE is a space that is rapidly changing and we are looking for someone who is not willing to settle for “we have always done it that way” thinking. This individual will need to be tenacious, and have a healthy disrespect for the impossible.
Skills & Experience Requires:
• Expert level programming experience
• Prior SRE/DevOps/automation
• Prior scripting language: such as Bash, Puppet, Groovy, Python, Gradle, Ant, MSBuild, PowerShell
• Continuous Integration (CI): Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Bamboo
• Version control systems: GIT, Mercurial, or another DVCS
• Desire to learn new languages
• Database experience, preferably MySQL or Mongo or Cassandra
• Enjoys innovation and improving systems
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment
Skills & Experience Desired:
Running and managing production systems with ownership for SLA.
Amazon AWS Experience
Boto3 or another AWS SDK
Networking and AWS experience
Security group experience, managing security groups, LDAP, Active Directory
Ability to communicate system flow/draw pretty pictures
SAfE development practices
Trimble Inc. and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Junior industry position
Chennai , India