Mid-level industry position
AbleVets, a Cerner company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. The Lead Network Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering team will design, support, install and maintain the network infrastructure, related technologies and equipment. We are looking for a team member with a strong understanding of Cisco switching/routing, WAN and knowledge of networking concepts and will be responsible for operating, growing and maintaining IOS, IOS-XR and the latest application centric infrastructure. In addition to Cisco switching and routing, you will operate and maintain adjunct platforms supporting load balancing and security functions within the data center environment.
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of network engineering work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- At least 4 years of work experience with network protocols across local area networks
- 5+ years with network IP routing protocols (IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF)
- 5+ years of experience with IOS, IOS-XR
- 5+ years of experience with high availability and performance of the data center networks
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%