Practitioner / consultant
At McLaren we believe that anything is possible. We know what it takes to win and we achieve this by working together and encouraging innovation in an extraordinary high performance environment.
We now have an opportunity for a talented Senior Driveability Calibration Engineer to join our team based at the McLaren facility based in IDIADA (Spain).
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Team manager, you will be developing the driveability calibrations for a specific McLaren application.
Principal responsibilities for position
- Support the development of gearbox driveability calibration for a specific McLaren application.
- Support the gearbox software development.
- Support the development of the software interface between engine and gearbox.
- Support other department areas within the Software Development Team. Like: Emission and OBD Teams.
- Support the Powertrain department.
- Attend over-seas test trips to support development activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong passion for automotive design and development
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Physics, Engineering, or an equivalent education.
- 1-2 years industry experience related to internal combustion engine or powertrain controls development.
- Good level comprehension of control strategies for gasoline combustion engine and/or hybrids systems and/or transmissions.
- Good knowledge and competences in terms of calibration activities and processes.
- Good level of knowledge of the MathWorks tools like Matlab and Simulink.
- Good level of knowledge of the ETAS and VECTOR software like Inca and Canape’.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills, as well as a high affinity for tracking supplier and delivering first-quality products to the customer.
- Good communication skills with high fluency in English both written and verbal.
- The ideal candidate is an individual with a strong passion for every aspect that relate to software calibration and development
- Must be a team player
- Flexibility and adaptability are key to grow inside our team.
- Flexible attitude towards working time and schedule
- Proactive, well organized, diligent and reliable.