The Associate Application Development Engineer is responsible for software design and development for simple applications or simple to moderately complex program modules of business solutions. The engineer works on progressively more complicated programs and modules under instructions from more senior technologists. They may work in a mainframe, client/server, business intelligence, GuideWire Claim Center, and/or web environment.
This position will:
- Perform problem solving, triage, and takes ownership for incident life-cycle process.
- Perform monitoring and alerting of the GuideWire Claim Center application under instructions from more senior technologists.
Strongly prefer candidates who have experience using an Object Oriented language.
• Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
• Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
• Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
• Relocation assistance is available
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with writing and modifying objects that comprise an application system.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the syntax, structure, features and facilities of at least one programming language.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of distributed systems.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of activities, tasks, tools and techniques for testing applications to ensure adherence to functional and quality requirements.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of relational databases and standard query language (SQL).
- Demonstrated experience reading and interpreting application system design and program specifications.
- Demonstrated experience writing programs in a specific language for a specific platform.
Corporate / junior
Madison, Wisconsin, US
Madison , United States