Be the technical leader working with an energetic team whose mission is to improve the productivity of R&D engineers accelerating the development of leading-edge instrument products within Keysight Technologies. In the Software Engineering Tools & DevOps Specialist role you will focus on leading, embracing and deploying the software-centric solutions strategy throughout Keysight.
Keysight Technologies is in the progress of transforming from Microsoft technology based Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite and legacy Software Configuration Management tools to the next generation Application Lifecycle Management platform offering utilizing the Atlassian suite of tools. The ultimate goal is to create a shared ecosystem that enables rapid-platform development. With your strong technical and communication skills, you will provide leadership to drive towards the most cost effective, best industry solutions and processes to be able to seamlessly help transform the Keysight R&D community to becoming this software centric solutions company. Technical leadership is an absolute must as you’ll be partnering with R&D engineers, stakeholders, IT partners, 3rd party vendors and team members who are located globally through Keysight (United States, Malaysia, India, Europe, China and Japan).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner closely with key Business Stakeholders and Architects - Develop relationships and partnerships to understand and provide effective, sustainable solutions to meet business needs.
- Recommend and apply Industry best-practices for DevOps Tools and processes, Cloud based (AWS) software development such as builds, test automation solutions.
- Consult, implement DevOps and be an evangelist of DevOps model.
- Strong technical consultation depth and familiarity with leading industry software development tools - can objectively evaluate and recommend best tools, practices and solutions. Influence out-of-the-box vs customized solutions as applicable. Eloquent articulator of industry trends, thoughts and own ideas.
- Constantly lookout for cost-effective solutions and consolidation options.
- Own DevOps Tools Technology Roadmap. Define, maintain and drive adoption.
- DevOps and Software Development Lifecycle Tools Evolution and constantly evaluate new opportunities.
- Operations: Primary Steward in maintaining tools Service Level Agreements (SLA), IT Security and Compliance, System Performance and other stewardship activities (application upgrade, infrastructure changes etc.).
- Optimize: Consistently driving LEAN and Optimization efforts to improve performance, reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
- Collaborate closely with other IT organizations, particularly the IT Infrastructure organizations to design, implement and support solutions.
- Collaborate closely with 3rd party vendors (e.g Microsoft, Atlassian, IBM etc.) and internal IT suppliers to ensure continuous progress and deliverables are met.
- Excellent team player, communicator and IT advocate.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in managing DevOps/Software Development Life cycle (SDLC/ALM) applications and tools, especially Atlassian tools and Microsoft – Team Foundation Server
- Source Code Management – GIT, Bitbucket, Subversion, ClearCase
- Defect Management & Tracking
- Build Management
- Test and Release management.
- Knowledge of MKS Integrity, Subversion, IBM Rational ClearCase would be a plus.
- Greater understanding/experience on Agile, Scrum, and Kanban based Software Development.
- Experience in providing multi-tier Software Solutions for large/global R&D functional teams.
- Well-versed in translating business needs into actionable well-defined technical requirements.
- Extremely strong communication skills and the ability to work with cross functional IT and business teams.
- Very strong analytical skills with the working knowledge of infrastructure components (Networking, memory, CPUs, storage - Disk IOs,) to troubleshoot various challenges.
- Experience in handling critical escalations and to be able to deliver under pressure.
- Versatile, flexible and passionate towards learning. A critical thinker, leader and ability to positively influence the team.
Executive / senior industry position
1900 W Garden of the Gods Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Colorado Springs , United States