Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery. Our AI driven systems actively learn best practice from vast repositories of drug discovery data and are further enhanced with knowledge acquired from seasoned drug hunters.
The development and maintenance of a robust and secure IT infrastructure is fundamental to the success of Exscientia’s AI drug design platform. We are seeking a highly motivated IT Systems Engineer to support the infrastructure upon which our growing team depend.
The successful applicant will be part of an experienced, multidisciplinary team and will report to the Chief Informatics Officer.
- Systems administration of core company services.
- Providing Exscientia team with day to day technical support.
- Maintenance of physical infrastructure across all company sites.
- Ensuring all company devices adhere to defined Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of company hardware.
- Troubleshooting service disruptions.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new recruits.
- Rolling out new capabilities.
- Specifications of new hardware.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- 5+ years’ experience of IT support.
- Experience of support provision in MacOS and Windows environments.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of information security best practises.
Qualifications and desirable experience
- MSc degree of equivalent industry experience required in Computer Science or relared subject
- Experience of support provision in Linux environments.
- Experience with ETL.
- Experience of Cloud / AWS / DevOPs.
- Familiarity with supporting Biovia’s Pipeline Pilot data pipelining platform.
Exscientia offers a varied and interesting working environment and candidates will join an expanding team and will experience the excitement and sense of accomplishment presented by an innovative start-up. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Please visit our website at www.exscientia.co.uk to discover more about the company. Or alternatively, apply for this position by submitting a covering letter with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating job reference number 2018_3_IT Systems Engineer. The closing date for applications is 9th February 2018.
Strictly NO agencies.
Mid-level industry position
LAB 12 DUNDEE INCUBATOR, JAMES LINDSAY PLACE
Dundee , United Kingdom