Practitioner / consultant
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The focus of this role is to architect, document, design, and implement the hardware (RTL) portion of new features and performance improvements for AMD’s graphics processor IP.
- Possesses excellent comprehension, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, multi-project team environment using state of the art tools and technology
- Collaborate with system and IP level architects to understand the features to be implemented and document the low-level hardware architecture
- Create design documentation, accounting for interactions with other features and the existing hardware system, both your block and the neighboring blocks
- Implement the design in Verilog or System Verilog, ensuring adherence to our RTL coding guidelines
- Ensure that the design has high-performance, low power, minimum area, and can execute with a very high clock frequency
- Review verification plans to ensure design coverage
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing designs to improve performance and clock frequency, while reducing area and power
- Assist debugging test failures in both simulation, emulation, and silicon environments
- Proficient in writing efficient RTL code in Verilog and System Verilog including use of a source control system and RTL linting tools
- Proficient in debugging RTL code using simulation tools, including the ability to determine if the root cause of a failing test is the firmware, hardware, or test issue
- Experience in Graphics IP pipeline
- MS degree preferred
This position is located in Austin, TX
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.