Executive / senior industry position
Careers that Change Lives Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to be a part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in IT that changes lives.
Medtronic is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Check out the accomplishments of our Women in IT group! http://bit.ly/MedtronicWomeninIT
A Day in the Life Principal Master Data Management (MDM) Technologist works in collaboration with the MDM team and stakeholders to implement, maintain, and enhance data models and solutions used to define and measure quality of data domains. The MDM Technologist applies innovative and best practice techniques for modeling, developing, enhancing, and deploying database, and integration solutions into MDM. The MDM Technologist will support existing MDM solutions and play a key role in new data integration, establishing new data domain initiatives that support organizational priorities.
The individual will need to work closely with data and solutions architects to develop and build a scalable MDM solution which encompasses multiple domains: customer, consumer, payers, and providers. Individual will also be responsible for guiding partners on best practices, implementing and designing future domains and supporting day-to-day MDM needs/enhancements.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Play a lead role in designing and building new data domains.
- Partner with implementation teams to deliver comprehensive MDM solutions and strategies
- Bring together large, complex and sparse data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Deliver all functional aspects of an MDM implementation – installation, configuration, and deployment.
- Analyze and resolve technical and configuration issues.
- Work closely with integration, DBAs, application owners, and business SME to help design and implement technical solutions.
- Partner to develop, drive, and execute the long-term data vision and strategy for the MDM platforms by working with multiple teams and stakeholders across the company.
- Provide detailed documentation, end user training and knowledge-transfer services
- Translating requirements into actionable project initiatives with associated metrics
- Communicate Broadly: Create and proffer both verbal and written briefings to key stakeholders to explain complex problems and situations in their language. Then turn around and communicate to the developers in their lingo for execution.
- Develops, documents, and configures systems specifications that conform to defined architecture standards, address business requirements, and processes.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting hardware and software compliance and security standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements and characteristics of overall system.
- Establishes and documents system design, parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems functionality, performance and compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of configurations, such as existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Actively identifies system functionality or performance deficiencies, executes changes to existing systems, and tests functionality of the system to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, data integrity, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- May document testing and maintenance of system updates, modifications, and configurations.
- May act as a liaison with key technology vendor technologists or other business functions.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience with an advanced degree
- 5+ years of MDM experience, at least 2 with Informatica MDM
- Experience in designing and architecting integrations between Informatica MDM and other systems using standard connectors, publish-subscribe, and other mechanisms
- Implementation experience
Nice to Have
- Priority consideration will be given to local applicants
- Healthcare experience (payer or provider)
- Advanced Oracle and SQL scripting and analysis expertise
- Master Data Management Developer, Professional Certification
About Medtronic Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America) Additional Information
FORTUNE NAMES MEDTRONIC TO 'CHANGE THE WORLD' LIST
FORTUNE puts Medtronic among the top 20 companies worldwide having a positive social impact through core business strategy.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result — and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here.
Executive / senior industry position