Mid-level industry position
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for a Principal Connected Car Engineer to join our team.
Principle Connected Car Engineer
About the Role
The Principle Connected Car engineer role is located within McLaren Automotive’s Connected Car team, responsible for development and delivery of Connected Services and Cyber Security across the McLaren vehicle product range.
This is an opportunity for a Connected Car specialist with competencies in software, telematics, connectivity and offboard platform integration to join as a lead for delivery of current programs, and to support Connected Car Manager with future planning and technical roadmap activities of future programs.
- Supplier management of offboard platforms and security solution vendors, ownership of Connected Service feature concepts and specifications.
- Integration of offboard connected services to vehicle architecture
- Supporting Connected Car Manager with roadmap technology concepts and feasibility
- Requirements management for Connected Services between key McLaren stakeholder departments
- Managing resource to support Authoring and execution of system validation plans
- Ensuring timely creation and release of onboard parts in program bill-of-materials
- Ensuring timely creation and release of technical specifications, RFP documentation, test plans, project plans and diagnostic software specifications
- Supporting Cyber Security compliance activities including Pen testing and Threat assessments
Skills and Experience
- Experience of vehicle development processes and delivery with an OEM, MNO or Tier1 vendor
- Experience of specifying, delivering and validating automotive electronic systems and features.
- Experience leading small teams of 2-5 reports
- Strong understanding of systems design for IoT and/or Digital services
- Understanding of Analytic solutions
- Understanding of telecommunication systems and architectures from SIM through to RAN and Core networks
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and principles
- Understanding of project management, supplier management and cost management
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall and V-Model methodologies
- Excellent communication skills to enable cross-functional working and management of multiple suppliers
- Strong team working to support delivery of challenging projects in a small agile team
- Commitment and resilience to deliver technically complex features against challenging timelines, with requisite discipline and focus; maintains positive outlook in the face of challenges.
- Enjoys fast-paced and high-pressure environments with high-levels of change
- Flexibility to support team-mates and colleagues with program deliverables outside of own role
- Proactive and high energy approach to project delivery; able to organise self and work independently where necessary to ensure deliverables being met
- Enthusiasm to embrace change and support creation of new processes where necessary to enable delivery and operation of Connected Services
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (2.1 or higher) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Systems Design or related subject areas
- Agile software development qualification such as Certified Scrum Master considered a bonus
- Fluent English speaker, additional languages also useful
Mid-level industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom