THE DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
- Implement comprehensive SOA solutions
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Twenty (20) years' experience as a System Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts
- Tactical processing systems experience
- RF experience
- Must be willing to travel OCONUS for short term deployments
Corporate / senior
Corporate / senior