Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job Title: Prncpl Software Engineer
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
What do we do @ Ruckus?
Ruckus is a Business Unit within Commscope, focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to communicate effectively and reliably, in real time, across the world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning routing and switching products to bring the information quickly and reliably where needed.
According to CRN, “CommScope’s Ruckus ICX 7850 switch line is bringing more Gigabit throughput from the core to the edge of the network. The Ruckus ICX 7850 switches provide high-density aggregation with up to 100 Gigabit Ethernet as businesses continue their multi-Gigabit network growth”
Commscope Ruckus ICX team is now re-defining switching architecture and design with a move towards state sharing architecture and platform independent software that can run efficiently on multicore CPUs and on multiple networking ASICs.
Your core responsibility it to develop and deliver cutting edge technology for Ruckus’s customers. In the process of writing code and delivering new enterprise campus platforms and features, you will contribute to the whole life cycle including:
- Drive the design and architecture of the next gen ICX OS
- Write awesome code
- Support customers in the field for technical issues
- Suggest new feature and enhancements
- Mentor team members If you have the right skillset for this exciting rare opportunity and have been part of such an experience challenging the status quo and designing high quality switching and routing software, you are coming to the right team.
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Thorough understanding of data structures, and real time embedded systems
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Fluency in C programming language.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, programming and trouble shooting skills required
- Working experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience Designing and Implementing Platform software on Network Switches/Routers with Network processor-based architectures, such as from Broadcom/Marvell using Multicore CPU and SMP.
- Expertise in Linux System programming and understanding of kernel internals for Memory management & DMA, I/O Management, Interrupts, and Bus architectures such as i2c, PCI and PCIe.
- Familiarity with Linux 2.6/3.x/4.x kernel internals and/or system programming
- Should be conversant in embedded software development tools and debuggers (Linux tool chain and utilities).
- Experience with Ethernet MAC-PHY Control & Status, Link Monitoring, familiarity with MAC/PHY drivers and developing generic PHY interfaces will be a big plus
- Designing Networking software systems including task architecture, control plane performance, platform infrastructure services – such as device communication, messaging services, debug infrastructure and memory and buffer management.
- Hands on experience in using Spirent/ixia/smartbits traffic generators.
- Proficient in software development tools (GDB), source code control environment (Git, Jenkins).
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Thrive in a team environment
- 12+ years of related industry experience developing system software using ‘C’ on Linux
Start-up mind-set -- Ruckus engineering team is a very proud pack with a never-say-die attitude, delivering bleeding edge technology, and winning against fierce competition.
Learning -- The best way to learn is to surround yourself with people smarter than yourself. A stellar engineering team like ours is just what you may have been looking for, to expand your horizons.
Innovation -- Innovating and out-innovating our competition is what keeps us going. We take pride in out-doing our competitors and being the first on the technology front.
Flexibility -- Our engineering team enjoys the most flexibility in working hours as we believe in judging by contribution and not by hours.
Executive / senior industry position