Mid-level industry position
McLaren Special Operations (MSO) is a dedicated division of McLaren Automotive that takes ownership even further through offering personalisation & bespoke commissions. With dedicated individuals our aim is to create vehicles to a customer’s individual tastes.
McLaren Special Operations provide everything from bespoke personalisation options through to building ultra-exclusive limited edition or one-off breath-taking models.
Purpose of the role:
The Programme Coordinator role is a great next step in Programme Management within a fast paced automotive environment. Within this role you will be responsible for coordinating and driving the successful approval and delivery of a variety of MSO components and systems.
We want you as Programme Coordinator, to provide day to day direction to key stakeholders and feel accountable for the product meeting quality, cost and timing targets. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills on a world class product, with a view to progressing into a Programme Leader type role.
- Responsible for the readiness of delivering bespoke features to support efficient bespoke on demand delivery using the McLaren Development Process (MDP)
- Responsible for Bespoke Customer Projects, from customer request to FOK, driving actions in engineering, supply chain, the MSO workshop and MPC to produce bespoke vehicles
- Lead a cross functional team to deliver all inputs into the customer quote and monitoring progress against agreed SLA’s
- Responsible for order to fulfilment activities to ensure cross function collaboration and on time delivery of all customer orders
- Monitor and support issue resolution of vehicles with MSO content in build at MPC including route cause analysis and containment
- Work with the MSO sales team to ensure new enquiries are communicated correctly and accurately at the start of the process. Provide clarity to the MSO sales team on new model standard specification and how that relates to the bespoke enquiries that they receive
- Lead key project meetings to ensure all activities are progressing in line with the customer and business requirements
- Work with the entire MSO team, to ensure the final product fully reflects the customer specification
- Oversee the necessary Product Data Management activities which trigger changes to individual vehicle BOMs in accordance with the bespoke specifications
- Work with the programme team at the start of bespoke or series vehicle programmes to confirm proposed delivery strategy for bespoke features - BDR, Manual Option Coding or Retailer Configurable
- Lead regular reviews to drive collaboration between the MSO and vehicle delivery team to ensure all Bespoke content is delivered in line with the customer requests
- Support ongoing improvements to the Idea-To-Delivery development process, supported by the Process Improvement team
- Identify and drive implementation of continuous improvement activities
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Good communicator with the ability to lead and motivate a small focused team and work cross functionally
- Ability to lead meetings and drive outputs
- Project Management experience, preferably from the automotive industry
- Design and development experience desirable
- Self-reliant and intrinsically self-motivated
- Well organised and delivery focused – with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high-pressure environment
- Process driven and the ability to develop and implement new processes where required
- Self-motivated, proactive and work well within cross-functional teams
- High Resilience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to working hours and practices
- Able to display good stakeholder management skills
- Honest and transparent in working practices
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Mid-level industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom