- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Customizes and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with client and/or senior team member to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation
- Assists in researching performance issues with SQL queries and database functions
- Writes custom SQL functions
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two to four years programming experience and/or training; programming experience
- Ability to work 8am-5pm
- Strong SQL, Query, development skills
- Development experience using Java, PLSQL
- Good communication written and verbal
- Strong analytical and communications skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn complicated subjects quickly
Corporate / senior
Melbourne , United States