Executive / senior industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Location US-PA-Mechanicsburg | US-TX-Katy
Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about project management in the engineering software arena? Would you be interested in working for a world leading engineering firm? If so, you might be intrigued by what DNV GL has to offer.
DNV GL - Digital Solutions is seeking a Project Manager - Pipeline Simulation Software. Collaborating closely with the project team, the PM will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Most are software implementation projects for new or existing clients and may cover all DNV GL brands but primarily Simulation and Optimization products and solutions such as Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS). This position is located at our office in Mechanicsburg, PA or Katy, TX.
Tasks May Include
- Prepare and supervise project team members and their tasks, prepare project budgets and analyze data, direct and control the outcome of a project
- Ensure that the client’s needs and requirements are adhered to and that the overall project is completed in a timely manner
- Propose configuration changes, training and other knowledge improvement actions
- Effectively negotiate changes to project scope and change orders including opportunities for new sales
- Coordinate with sales team from pre-sales through project completion
- Lead proposal effort for Consulting’s technical response
- Concentration in Computer Science, or Chemical, Petroleum, or Instrumentation Engineering preferred
- At least 10 years of proven track record in project or customer management for software development or implementation projects required
- At least 5 years within the Pipeline, Oil & Gas, or Electric industry required
- Experience with Microsoft Project a plus
- Ability to contribute during the full life cycle of the project from presales through project completion
- Expert understanding of all financial aspects of a software implementation project
- Demonstration and application of Project Management theories as those prescribed by the Project Management Institute (PMI) or other industry or utility accepted practices
- Ability to manage scope change and keen eye for expanding opportunities with existing customers
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region and internationally up to 20%
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
- Experience with DNV GL Simulation and Optimization (Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS)) software products and/or other pipeline simulation software products
- Experience with handling medium to large size projects (through all project phases) with controlled scope/budget/time/risk management boundaries while ensuring project delivery with high customer satisfaction
- Experience with standard Database Management Systems such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with geographic information systems, natural gas integrity management, pipeline hydraulic simulation, risk management or regulatory compliance
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Share on your newsfeed