Researcher / analyst
The FZI Research Center for Information Technology is a non-profit institution for applied research in information technology and technology transfer. We are looking for a research scientist for our research division Embedded Systems and Sensors Engineering (ESS) to support our team and to immediately fill the position. The position is initially limited to two years.
Do you want to actively shape the future of the automobile in research and advance engineering? The focus of your tasks will lie on the test and validation of future driver assistance systems up to highly automated driving. Your tasks will include the development of methods and computer-assisted tools, big data technology applications and machine learning as well as the combination of simulation and real tests. One unique feature of the task is the high practical and industrial relevance through the close contact to industrial clients.
- Working on industrial and publicly funded research and development projects in the field of testing and validation of driving functions
- Developing novel and innovative methods as well as solutions for the development and testing of future driving systems
- Reflecting on your results with experts; publications and exchange with the scientific community are explicitly requested
- A work environment closely related to economy and industry with relevance to practical application and close contact to German first-class automobile manufacturers
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Possibility to do your doctorate at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) with Prof. Dr.-Ing. Eric Sax
- Individual support with further education as well as the opportunity to visit international conferences
- Salary corresponding to the collective payment agreement (in German: Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L)) depending on your responsibilities as well as attractive fringe benefits
- Technical understanding and independent and target-oriented working method
- Very good German and English skills
- Experience with established development and simulation tools in the domain automotive as well as high-level languages is advantageous
We are looking forward to receiving your PDF application. Please send your email to Mrs. Miriam Busch at email@example.com indicating the reference "ESM1701-01" and attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter and CV
Please feel free to contact Mr. Stefan Otten (+49 721 9654-156) if you have any questions regarding the position.