Research assistant / technician
Perform a variety of activities related to log in, sample processing, storage, shipping of stored materials and client support.
- Label collection tubes/syringes and/or vials.
- Will generate data and blood forms.
- Communicate across company functional groups.
- Train on blood related procedures / techniques.
- Maintain blood supply inventory closet and excel file. Order supplies, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of ~50 pipettes and ensure calibration 2x annually.
- Clean / Maintain inventory of ~20 centrifuges.
- Assign centrifuges and pipettes to study and post using excel spread sheet.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s degree in a science preferred.
- Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in a laboratory setting required. GLP experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Knowledge of GLP.
- Other: Must be detail-oriented and have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Able to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature in which ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Able to receive and understand general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
About Safety Assessment Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.