The vision for Amazon Global Selling (AGS) is to transform global commerce by providing sellers around the world the simplest way to sell to customers globally, enabling worldwide selection at the lowest prices. AGS develops software that removes friction from the process of cross border selling for 3rd party sellers. This platform is pivotal to supporting 3rd party business expansion by creating new opportunities for sellers to introduce their products to customers around the world.
We need your help to figure out how to use the massive amount of data Amazon has collected to help our sellers with tools and insights to optimize their global business, e.g., identifying which products our customers are looking for globally. As an applied scientist in the Amazon Global Selling team, you will be responsible for applying your knowledge/experience to create algorithms and models, work with engineers and product managers to make use of these algorithms and models in a production setting, mentor other members of your team and connect with other scientists across the company to share your findings.
- PhD or MS in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Machine Learning (ML), or related technical field.
- Familiar with programming languages such as Python, Scala, and Java
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial applied science setting, where your work was directly incorporated into production systems.
- 5+ years of experience personally writing production quality code.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Experience deploying production systems with AWS technologies like EMR, Step Function, Lambda, Batch, ECS/ECR.
Mid-level industry position
2131 7th Ave, Seattle, WA
Seattle , United States