Executive / senior industry position
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by up to 150 million people around the world.
Our approximately 21,000 employees are united around our mission of improving people’s lives with our health care products, and we manufacture and market health care products directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries.
Provide technical leadership and controls / systems engineering automation or software development of engineering projects. Design, develop, implement and support integrated, state-of-the-art equipment and control systems for new medical device/contact lens manufacturing platforms, products and cost improvements. Manage and execute projects in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
- Develop and implement new technologies, controls, and vision systems to improve cost and quality of existing strategic medical device manufacturing equipment. Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for primary and secondary automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation.
- Develop and manage project schedules / detailed work plans in order to meet overall program goals. Communicate status of project activities on a regular basis.
- Support product, platform, and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified machine controls and PLC / SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) software. Interface with SQA, QA and OP’s to successfully validate software systems. Author and execute software test scripts
Specific Job Duties – Controls Automation / Systems Engineering:
- Proficient knowledge of PLC Programming Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 and PLC associated hardware HMI programming Allen Bradley RSVIEW, ICONICS
- Provide global automation requirements and implement solutions for product line and/or capacity expansions.
- Electrical and pneumatic schematic design using AUTOCAD
- PLC network communications (Ethernet IP)
- Motor controls with VFDs
- Provide controls and vision systems support to the Process Engineering development labs, including metrology, shop floor information systems, equipment, and maintenance support.
- Provide technical and controls core competency support to Global Operations and Engineering on an as-needed basis, including possible off-hours, remote and onsite coverage rotation.
- Provide technical and operations training on systems delivered.
- Travel to vendor and B+L locations for on-site project support (domestic and international)
- Interface with cross-functional groups: Manufacturing Operations, Information Technology, Software Quality Assurance, Maintenance, D&R, and Program Management. Interface with external vendors, automation solution providers, and software developers as needed
- Interface with cross-functional groups: Manufacturing Operations, R&D Information Technology, Software Quality Assurance, Maintenance, and Program Management. Interface with external vendors, automation solution providers, and software developers
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical, Computer Systems Engineering, or other similar technology degree, or equivalent training and experience.
- Engineering 7+ years of relevant industrial experience. Experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including PLC’s, motion control, robotics, HMI’s and SCADA control systems software. Experience with equipment build, process automation, machine vision systems development and medical products a plus. Experience working in a cGMP / FDA regulated environment desirable. Experience working with Lean Six Sigma tools desirable.
- Special Skills: AB RSLogix 5000, RSView, Fanuc, and ABB robot programming, VB.Net Programming and CAD experience desired. Experience in high volume low cost manufacturing systems development. Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies, SPC, DOE, statistical analysis and machine vision fundamentals a plus. Experience with medical device or clean room environment a plus. Must be able to work with Operations staff, Manufacturing / Maintenance technicians and engineers in a cross-functional team settingWorking knowledge of CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks™)..
- Specialized Training: ISO-9000, ISO 13485, NFPA-79, GAMP 4/5, 21 CFR Part 11, AB PLC’s, Iconics product suite, Green Belt / Black Belt certified, medical device manufacturing experience desirable
Share on your newsfeed Bausch Health Companies Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.