Kansas City, Kansas, United States
The Senior Network Engineer on the Operations – Metro Optical team will operate and maintain the network infrastructure within a data center environment. We are looking for a team member with a strong understanding of Cisco switching and routing and knowledge of networking concepts and will be responsible for operating, growing and maintaining IOS, IOS-XR and the latest application centric infrastructure. In addition to Cisco switching and routing, the engineer will operate and maintain adjunct platforms supporting load balancing and security functions within the data center environment.The Senior Network Engineer will provide advanced/high level troubleshooting for all network-related issues arising on the optical platform and connected switching and routing devices. You’ll become the subject matter expert on optical transport technologies (DWDM, SONET, Packet Optical networks).
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of network engineering work experience
- Experience in MPLS-TE or Layer 2 transport technology
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of a Carrier Ethernet product line
- At least 2 years of work experience with network protocols across local area networks
- 5+ years with network IP routing protocols (IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF)
- 5+ years of experience with IOS, IOS-XR
- 5+ years of experience with high availability and performance of the data center networks
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
|If you are an individual with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, and need assistance or an accommodation in the recruiting process, please contact us by calling 866-434-1543 or by emailing HRServiceCenter@cerner.com.|
Come join our Global Enterprise Security Solutions and Infrastructure team. The Senior System Security...
The System Engineer on the CTS Operations team will be responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly...
At Cerner we’re working at the intersection of health and technology. We create software solutions to...
Mid-level industry position
Kansas City , United States