At appliedAI, we tackle the largest AI-challenges by applying the latest artificial intelligence technology to real use cases. appliedAI is already the largest AI Initiative in Europe and we are aiming to lift all of Germany to the AI age. Our Engineering Team is supported and works closely with our partner tech-companies (e.g. Google, NVIDIA, Cisco, Pure Storage, Arista, and others) across the stack on challenging problems. appliedAI is part of the UnternehmerTUM ecosystem. UnternehmerTUM is one of the largest innovation centers in Europe and non-profit. As a neutral platform for entrepreneurship and innovation, more than 200 employees serve more than 2500 individuals, >100 startups, and >100 companies per year. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help our AI Engineering team transform the AI strategy of our partner companies. Each project can last from 3-12 months and be on a variety of topics, each of which is focused on helping our partner company use AI to create a new product or improve existing business processes. Together with our team of AI and Software Engineers, you will help our partner companies take your application from proof of concept to rolling it out across their organization. Candidates should have experience in building and maintaining software infrastructure, above average communication skills and a willingness to learn new skills. It would be advantageous to have a good understanding of business. As a senior software engineer, you would be expected to take a lead role in managing projects, mentoring, and training junior developers.
Successful candidates will:
● Engage with appliedAI’s partner companies to analyze and understand their requirements.
● Bring in your Software-Engineering expertise into the AI domain.
● Build software infrastructure as part of the appliedAI team to support the development of
proof of concept solutions using Machine Learning / Deep Learning solutions in a wide
variety of domains.
● Help our partner companies take your application from proof of concept to rolling it out
across their organization.
● BSc / MS / Ph.D. or strong experience in software development.
● Experience with programming languages like Python, Java, Scala, etc.
● Experience in a number of backends and infrastructure development projects.
● Experience in database systems.
● Experience in System-Architecture and Software-Design
● Experience in some of: Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Dask, TensorFlow, Storm, RabbitMQ, Kafka.
● Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Good communication skills.
● Team player with a willingness to learn new things.
● Fluent English.
What we ofer:
A highly qualified and motivated team of ~30 people is on a journey to change the European AILandscape
that is growing quickly. ~20 of us have a strong engineering or computer science
● Opportunity to work on a variety of projects
● Want to learn about robotics, autonomous drones or smart factories? All of this is happening
● 10% time for personal projects
● You will have access to the newest technologies in the AI domain. As an example, we operate a
number of ML-optimized clusters and racks, we work with beta software of our partners, and
we test novel hardware such as NVIDIA-DGX systems or Franka Emika robots - you can also use
this for your personal projects
● An atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and
● Hottest topics of the next decade and freedom and trust to initiate own activities
● A highly visible initiative that helps you build a large and high-level network of start-ups,
partners, and tech companies
● Budget to visit important conferences, read up on papers and develop your skills with the
team - potentially showcasing results at e.g. GTC
● Internal seminar in machine learning and computer science
● Pick your own hardware
● Free fruit, co!ee, snack etc.
● (Optional) after work Fridays and monthly dinners.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.