- Extend and enhance the software for our industry leading Enterprise class software.
- Develop WLAN protocols and related control plane and data plane features.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value;
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Proficiency in C is a must.
- Experience with Linux Internals, kernel data structures and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Layer2 and Layer3 protocols.
- Prior programming in Python.
- Exposure to any RDBMS or a NoSQL DB
- Prior experience designing/programming REST API's, messaging technologies, threads, containers, Cloud management tools, CI/CD
- Contributions to open source software is considered a plus.
- Solid grasp of computer science concepts including data structures, object-oriented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals at senior management levels.
- Working knowledge of contemporary source code development tools and techniques (e.g. GIT, Jira)
- Demonstrated ability to work with QA and remote teams.
- Ability to learn complex technology quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
Corporate / senior
Santa Clara, CA. US
Santa Clarita , United States