Practitioner / consultant
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Location US-PA-Mechanicsburg | US-TX-Katy | US-OH-Dublin
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of software solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. DNV GL’sRegional Consulting department delivers software products, integrated solutions, consultancy, data services, and software support to its customers in the oil and natural gas industry. Our products and solutions integrate with enterprise systems such as GIS and ERP systems and provide risk, integrity and decision support analysis functions, and activity and inspection scheduling and monitoring. Our software solutions are moving through a Digital Transformation which includes the transformation of our commercial and support models towards Cloud and SaaS deployments.
The Senior Systems Integration Consultant will report to the Head of Section for Asset Integrity Software Consulting Americas with the main objective of interacting with customers and defining the data integration, deployment and security requirements, specifications and approaches for both on-premise and SaaS deployments of DNV GL’s software solutions. Tasks include providing technical input during sales efforts, gathering requirements and specifications, software solution installation and security configuration, data integration and data development, and testing of deployed solutions. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of asset databases and operations management systems, such as GIS, ERP, or other maintenance or inspection management systems, as well as the gas, electric utility or pipeline industry. Experience SaaS solutions as well as several years of hands on data integration and data manipulation with GIS and/or other enterprise systems is highly desired
- As part of a project team, collaborate with customers and DNV GL’s project manager, solution architects, and domain consultants to:
- Use relevant technologies and tools to deploy Software Solutions in the Cloud and within traditional on-premise IT infrastructures
- Define system specifications and solution deployment architecture to ensure sufficient capacity, performance and security
- Integrate DNV GL’s software products with other systems
- Provide support for integration design and testing
- Lead business requirements and specifications gathering in the area of data/software/systems integration and security
- Perform configuration and development of data/software/systems integration and security
- Become knowledgeable in DNV GL’s software product use and configuration
- Support the sales team by providing technical commercial support and expertise in bid processes
- Support product development by providing feedback on product capability, effectiveness and environment requirements
- Conduct system administration training for clients with on-premise deployments
- Upon completion of deployments, collaborate with the DNV GL Solution Operations staff in their efforts to maintain the solution for customers
- Research, test and develop new technologies for supporting increased efficiency in deploying and maintaining SaaS solutions
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Information Systems or other fields related to systems integration or architecture
- 7+ years of related professional experience with software/systems implementation, to include some experience in SaaS deployments and design, deploying and maintaining IT systems
- Good understanding of how clients are using the SaaS solutions in the context of their business
- Experience in delivering and operating enterprise solutions in both a traditional and Cloud/Hosted deployment
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure, AWS or other cloud platform.
- Understanding of IT Security Principles and standards (ISO27001 and SOC 2)
- Understanding of IT Governance and Control
- Knowledge of Esri products such as ArcMap and ArcGIS Server
- Knowledge of geospatial database schemas
- Experience with DBMS (Database Management Systems) such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL PaaS, and other cloud storage capabilities
- Ability to work well and collaboratively as part of a team and to function as a technical lead
- Strong client communication skills
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
- Effective communication, particularly listening skills with both colleagues as well as customers.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within the region.
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server relational databases and ability to write SQL queries
- Ability to load data from variety of formats into geodatabase using GIS and DNV GL software
- Knowledge of distribution or transmission integrity software
- Knowledge of gas distribution or transmission integrity processes, standards and regulations
- Working knowledge and relevant experience in implementations involving API Gateways and Single Sign-On integration
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Company & Business Area Description
Share on your newsfeed
Practitioner / consultant