As a Senior System Engineer, you will provide system implementation, support, monitoring, and maintenance of Cerner’s solutions and services. You will perform daily system operations tasks to verify system integrity and availability as well as perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware/OS upgrades, and resource optimization. You will also be responsible for implementing and monitoring applications and servers, respond to alarms in a timely manner to prevent client impact and performance degradation. As a member of this team, you will manage changes and project activities while communicating with impacted stakeholders. This includes developing and deploying automation tools to optimize daily activities and complete assigned incident management tasks. In addition, you will deploy, setup, as well as maintain testing environment. Finally, you will also be responsible for providing tier III and other support per service requests.
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.
Do you enjoy offering software, technology, hardware and infrastructure that enhances the health and care of patients? If you’d like to be embedded with a single client, and work hand in hand with them right on the front lines of health care, here is your opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of system engineering work
- Experience operating in a high-availability healthcare environment
- 5 years experience managing Windows Server platform, administering Active Directory and group policy, administering file and print services
- Experience deploying/supporting client/server applications in a virtual environment
- Experience supporting servers in an enterprise-class datacenter scripting/automating server/client maintenance
- Experience configuring backup/recover technologies such as Veeam
- Technology experience in VMWare or other enterprise virtualization platform
- Citrix, XenDesktop/Netscalar experience
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting/automation technologies
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
|If you are an individual with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, and need assistance or an accommodation in the recruiting process, please contact us by calling 866-434-1543 or by emailing HRServiceCenter@cerner.com.|
As a System Engineer at Cerner, you are responsible for providing system implementation, support, monitoring...
As a Telecommunication Engineer you will plan, design, develop, and implement telecom technologies or...
As a Laboratory Solution Architect, you will provide venue expertise during client engagement to deliver...
Executive / senior industry position
Rutland , United States