Mid-level industry position
This position requires a software developer/engineer to support new or existing development projects. Tasks include but are not limited to software design, software development/coding, unit test, integration, and configuration management. Work consists of developing new software, upgrading existing software, and/or converting existing software/algorithms to meet customer and project requirements while using software engineering standards and tools. This may also involve unit testing, software/system integration, and test interface testing, creating & maintaining software documentation, and assisting with customer site installation and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, create, and/or modify application(s) using Windows, C++, FORTRAN, Python, and MATLAB
- Conversion of existing developmental algorithms between FORTRAN, C++, and MATLAB software languages. This includes converting legacy FORTRAN development code to MATLAB and MATLAB routines to C++.
- Support C++ software design and configuration with Baseline Release, including updates to C++ design based on customer algorithm changes in support of new requirements.
- Support customer lead re-architecture of existing and integration of new assessment tools in MATLAB.
- Support other development, evaluation, system/software integration, and testing as required
- Maintain Configuration Management of existing and resulting software, tools, and architecture.
- Contribute to ongoing development and maintenance efforts, including attending meetings, risk mitigation, status reporting, and other action items.
- Position is full time and located at/near Fredericksburg, VA/Dahlgren, VA
Requirements / Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field
- Solid command of object-oriented software development, in C++ or similar
- Experience with developing, converting and maintaining algorithms and tools using C++, FORTRAN, MATLAB, and Python
- Experience with development using Windows based systems
- Experience with web application frameworks including AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery
- Strong problem solving, application testing, and debugging capabilities especially if Navy-related
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to work and thrive in both individual and team-based development environments
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.