Job Description Summary:
The Compliance team is responsible for the design, development, and support of Compliance APIs that are integrated with key strategic partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. In PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to our business. To achieve this, we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs. We are always looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way.
· 5+ years of manager experience in building scalable web applications that deliver great user experience
· 5+ years of managing a team of Software Engineers
· Bachelor’s degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
· Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions
· Ability to operate and thrive in a fluid, ever changing environment. Proactive in approach with a focus on driving results and outcomes with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
· Drive innovation and customer advocacy. Be a positive change agent with a “can-do” attitude.
· Prior success in hiring, mentoring, and developing highly effective Software Engineers
· Intellectually curious, quick study who will learn the business quickly. Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems.
· Providing technical leadership and architectural guidance
· Expertise in software development best practices
· Proficient in unit testing and automated functional testing frameworks
· Understanding of software development processes such as Agile or Kanban
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Executive / senior industry position
2211 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95131
San Jose , United States