Location: Dundee or Oxford, United Kingdom
To apply: please send your application in pdf format, to email@example.com stating job reference number 2018_5_Software Engineer
Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery. Our AI driven systems actively learn best practice from vast repositories of drug discovery data and are further enhanced with knowledge acquired from seasoned drug hunters.
We are seeking a highly-motivated developer to make pivotal contributions to our cloud based drug discovery platform. Reporting to the Systems Architect you will be working in a close-knit team focussed on automation of the drug discovery design, make and test cycle.
You’ll be working on scaling our Centaur platform to deliver many concurrent projects, you’ll need to know AWS, *nix, Oracle, Python and/or Pipeline Pilot or an equivalent tech. Proven experience of web frameworks such as Django, Angular or React is advantageous. You’re passionate about tech and able to communicate effectively within a dynamic and forward thinking diverse team.
You must be able to proactively assimilate complex requirements and design, develop and productise full stack components and services. As a key member of a successful, fast-growing team you will be comfortable with agile processes and working collaboratively across all areas of the company.
- Become a key member of the engineering team growing all parts of the platform.
- Work closely with the drug design teams to define key platform improvements.
- Develop scalable and distributed cloud applications in a timely fashion.
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- Mastery of Python, Pipeline Pilot or an equivalent tech.
- Experience with frameworks such as Django, Angular or React.
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- Understanding of modern application architecture.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Proven knowledge of relational databases (Oracle), and SQL.
- Passion for quality through test driven development.
- Using best practises in a modern development environment.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Qualifications and desirable experience
- BSc in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Domain knowledge in the Life Sciences and/or machine learning.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Understanding of information security best practises.
- Interest in drug discovery and the pharmaceutical industry.
Exscientia offers a varied and interesting working environment and candidates will join an expanding team and will experience the excitement and sense of accomplishment presented by an innovative start-up. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Please visit our website at www.exscientia.co.uk to discover more about the company. Or alternatively, apply for this position by submitting a covering letter with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating job reference number 2018_5_Software Engineer. The closing date for applications is 9th February 2018.
Strictly NO agencies.
Mid-level industry position
LAB 12 DUNDEE INCUBATOR, JAMES LINDSAY PLACE
Dundee , United Kingdom