Mid-level industry position
Find your new career in Bay Area life sciences! Scroll down to browse listings from hundreds of companies in the QB3 network.
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them. We are a highly collaborative, cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We greatly value individuals' skills in focused, transparent communication, as our team's success depends on it. If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading! Pendulum™ is seeking an experienced individual with a strong background in backend engineering and build/release/development operations. As a Software Engineer in a highly cross-functional setting, you will design, build, test, deploy and monitor cloud services for our manufacturing and R&D applications. You will have two types of users, the scientists in the lab with no software engineering knowledge, and the data scientists developing data-analysis workflows and other software products. We would like to have you in the office for this full-time role, but we are open to remote work and contract-to-hire for the right candidate.
- Improving test coverage and automate testing through CI/CD
- Fix bugs in our data-analysis workflow code
- Improve our codebase to make it easier for data scientists to write and debug data-analysis workflows.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments
- Improve our infrastructure setup to ensure the smooth running of our internal pipelines and websites
- Provide documentation and guidance to developers for deployment and testing using docker and deploying to AWS ECS.
- 2+ years of Python programming experience
- 2+ years professional experience setting up and managing AWS containerization (Docker/Beanstalk or other AWS compatible container management)
- 1+ year(s) of experience writing documentation or engineering SOPs for an enterprise cloud environment setup
- 3+ years directly related experience in Software Engineering
- Strong background in Docker, ECS, Linux, Make, Bash
- Experience reviewing code
- Experience with other biotech companies a plus
- Experience with Google Apps Script a plus
- Experience with continuous builds & deployments as well as continuous integration
- Experience with data-analysis workflow management software such as luigi, airflow, nextflow (etc.) a plus
- Comfortable in an environment where your work is self-directed and deliverables will be prioritized based on best judgement
- Ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Comfort and extensive experience working in cross-functional teams with multiple internal customers - you’re comfortable approaching others to gather and confirm requirements
- Desire to be in a cross-functional environment that values work-life balance
- Good team player who thrives in collaborative environment
- Belief in transparency and open communication
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.
Sign up for our mailing list
Our events and newsletter mailings are a great way to learn about what's going on and keep up with the latest from our startups.