Researcher / analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Job Locations US-IL-Chicago
What's the role?
As our digital and physical lives become increasingly inter-connected, our map of the world is rapidly changing. With every connected device or sensor capable of generating and sharing its context and location, it is data that will connect this complex new world. The question is how do we make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations – all in real-time?
The OLP Data Servcies teams are responsible for Data Services Index Layer, Data Archiving Library (DAL), Data Publishing Services, and several other legacy services. The role requires very strong Core Java and backend development skills, with Scala as a big plus. Experience working with big data (Spark, Flink, CockroachDB, etc) is another big plus. The candidate should have solid understanding of data structure and algorithm, being able to communicate complicated technical design with peers, and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Read through user stories in Jira and understand your commitments
- Catch up with the team on what was accomplished yesterday and plan today’s work
- Discuss the design and implementation approach of new features and negotiate acceptance criteria.
- Write clean, fast code to implement new features
- Learn and play with the code that is about to change and think how to improve it
- Make sure changing code has enough unit test coverage
- Do a code review or respond to yours
- Document internal design/research/recommendation/investigation, as well as external public dev guide
- Deploy into Kubernetes cluster
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong Core Java skills, Scala experence is a big plus
- Experence in developing/deploy REST services
- Spark and/or Flink experience is a big plus
- Cloud development/deployment experience (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes) is a big plus
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent standout colleague with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements)
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Share on your newsfeed