HARMAN is at the forefront of developing new in-vehicle infotainment and connectivity systems that let drivers and passengers are entertained, connected, efficient, and productive while in the car. As such, our systems are leading the industry with exciting innovations in multimedia, connectivity, car-centric applications, navigation, advanced safety, and multi-modal interfaces. This position will be at the center of the development, working closely with our OEM partners, internal and customer engineering teams, and select 3rd parties to define next generation features and services.
- Build and manage customer relationships at a working team level (Customer Program Release Engineers)
- Gate the Software Development Release lifecycle to insure customer acceptance of each release to ensure product acceptance for launch
- Make decisions regarding software build content and timing (Performance and Features).
- Manage program risk proactively, identify program risks and coordinate meetings with the PM and multi discipline functions to address risks before they become issues
- Evaluate project management processes and metrics to track and measure project success (Manage all product delivery elements)
- Provide weekly program status updates via the standard template. Represent the program internally to senior management during program, quality and operations reviews. Lead the program adherence to follow standard Harman processes and maintain program and customer related documentation.
- Be the primary escalation point for both internal and external project software communications for the dedicated customer project.
- Responsible for communicating the customer requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups within to ensure cusomers requirement expectations are being met.
- Will be involved in multiple software development lifecycles.
- PhD degree in Engineering or related field and 4 years of experience in corporate or academic research; alternatively, Master’s Degree in above mentioned fields and 8 years of experience in research and development or Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years’ experience
- 10-15 years of systems engineering, requirements management, or related background
- Broad technical background with general knowledge of Bluetooth, WiFi, cellular technology, smart phones, navigation, GPS, tuner, satellite Radio, video, voice recognition, hands-free operation, vehicle bus, advanced safety, cloud-based services, and automotive requirements
- Practical experience in related areas such as system design, hardware/software design, and real-time embedded applications
- Proven technical leadership
- Experience working in the technology industry or automotive industry
- Experience with the use of rapid prototyping tools for software and hardware, electronics, and mechanical design for consumer electronics and future device platforms
- Must have general knowledge of automotive infotainment systems and their applications
- Previous experience in all phases of software development process (Requirements, Scope, Design/Plan, Develop, Test, and Customer Acceptance.)
- Must be able to articulate vision and influence decision making outcomes with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and the customer
- Extraordinary oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders.
- Experience managing external and internal vendors/partners
- Exceptional reputation as an innovator based on having created forward looking research, projects, and award winning publications
- Must have a "whatever-it-takes" attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
Corporate / senior
30001 Cabot Dr, Novi, MI 48377
Novi , United States