What the Candidate Will Do:
A successful candidate will be a hands-on contributor with an established background in architecting and leading the development of highly available software systems. A good candidate will have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic environment.
In addition, the candidate will:
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems in the healthcare space.
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and establish technical vision.
- Mentor and grow others to take on increasingly higher responsibilities.
- Ensure project’s software development compliance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
We want a leader that has a passion for software development and who thrives in a team environment. Ideally, a candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
Other criteria we are looking for:
- 10 - 15 years of programming/system architecture and technical project leadership experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training/ certification.
- Candidate must have a deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative).
- Candidate must be experienced in developing the long-term strategy for technology platforms and that translate into an achievable roadmap.
- Proven track record of leading high performing engineering teams and delivering projects on time.
- Strong developer credentials, with expertise in application architecture and deliver.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed to meet project’s needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what is necessary to drive projects to completion.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Ability to work up, down, and across the organization with groups such as: Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership.
- Experience working on projects with stakeholders located in multiple locations.
Other skills preferred:
- Experience developing using Java programming language.
- Experience working with REST web services.
- Experience with build/SCM tools: Maven, Gradle, NPM.
- Experience writing build scripts using Python, Unix Shell (bash,ksh) or perl.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Corporate / senior
Towson, MD, US
Towson , United States