Junior industry position
Agency: HR/Campus Operations
The Strategic Project Associate serves the Pepperdine community in administrative support and special project assignments throughout the University. This position formally reports to Human Resources and moves between short-term assignments in University departments as needed and as appropriate. In this position, the Strategic Project Associate will be exposed to and gain an understanding of many university departments and functions. Upon initial employment, the staff member will participate in a professional development program, hosted by Human Resources, designed to give a broad overview of the University's mission, organization and business operations. Employees serving in this role will receive University benefits and will be expected to work a regular, full-time schedule.
- Perform a broad-range of administrative tasks including customer service, processing and maintaining documents, data entry, and preparing presentation materials.
- Manage or assist with projects, processes, and hiring as requested.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in serving all members of the Pepperdine community including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the University.
- Learn a variety of Pepperdine systems and software including but not limited to PeopleSoft, the university's applicant tracking system, and Raiser's Edge; learn and understand University policy and best practices to act as a resource to various departments, under the direction of the supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with Human Resources supervisor regarding department needs, special project assignments, and areas of concern.
- Act as an ambassador for Human Resources and maintain strong communication skills and work ethic within each setting.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree; one year of general office experience. Ability to quickly adapt to assignment and work group changes; ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures; ability to work with a variety personalities and teams as assignments change; strong flexibility in working with a variety of work styles; ability to work independently and also as a part of a team; excellent oral and written communication skills. Familiarity and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); general office familiarity with printers, scanners, copiers, phone systems, fax machines, etc.
Preferred: Three years of general office experience. Experience with large database systems; ability to find joy in rotating and changing assignments. Experience with PeopleSoft systems; familiarity with Pepperdine University.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with all applicable laws.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a restricted, nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!