Duke University invites applications and nominations for five tenure-track or tenured faculty positions in computing, at all ranks, to begin July 2018. This search is a joint initiative between the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering to rapidly expand the university’s existing strengths and to support exciting new initiatives in computing. We encourage applications in all areas of computer science and engineering, with special interest in the following themes:
- Two positions in all disciplinary areas of computer science, including but not limited to security and privacy, distributed systems and networking, mobile and embedded systems, machine learning, algorithms, as well as interdisciplinary work that relates to social sciences or biological sciences.
- Two joint positions between computer science and electrical and computer engineering in the area of machine learning (with an applied and methodological focus).
- One position in all disciplinary areas of computer engineering, including but not limited to security and privacy, distributed systems and networking, as well as mobile and embedded systems.
Application Materials Required:
- Submit the following items online at this website to complete your application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
- Three Representative Publications
- Three References (actual letters acceptable but not required, just names and email addresses
Assistant professor / lecturer
Durham, Sjeverna Karolina 27708
Durham , United States