What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect (VZConnect) is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite ofindustry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms andsolutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success.We hiretop talent and empower them to do their best work.As a division of Verizon, we combine thefun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
We're looking for developers who are passionate about Operations and Devops. If you have experience in best practice technical operations and love to collaborate with development teams, from design through the development process to production support we want to talk with you.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and product teams to develop
- Write scripts to automate installation, support and monitoring.
- Build support websites to aid in support, monitoring and installation of multiple applications across multiple environments and data centers.
- Link multi-step and disparate process together across domains: network operations, monitoring, capacity planning and other operational processes.
- Design and implement processes, tools and scripts to allow applications to be self-healing.
- Work with the Development, Engineering and Support teams to implement SRE best practices.
- Monitor, measure and optimize build and deploy systems and processes
- Build or implement using tools and frameworks
- Responsibility for design, implementation and support of databases need to support your projects.
- Daily maintenance of source repositories and builds
- Continuous innovation and learning. Build continuous improvement and integration into your tools and processes
- Maintain disaster recovery plans and test them on a continual basis to ensure the minimum downtime.
- Has the ability to independently troubleshoot complex systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications and processes to improve system stability.
- Work with a variety of teams to design systems, develop and maintain scripts, websites and automation for use by the Operations Organization.
- Leverage existing applications, tools and device REST APIs to automate tasks and workflows.
- Proactively manages the configuration of the supported systems and make changes/additions in real-time based on requests from Operations leadership.
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement changes to the application and systems
- Document processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans.
- Setup, configure and maintain monitoring tools
Mid-level industry position
203 Loop 59 STE A, Atlanta, TX 75551
Atlanta , United States