- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from database schema to controller-level to UI.
- Write, own and evangelize automated testing of developed code.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from product management, interaction designers, and other engineering teams (platform, mobile, quality).
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
- Pro-actively identify ways to make TripIt more robust, scalable and user-friendly.
- Mentor fellow Platform engineers and suggest innovations and improvements to infrastructure, architecture and process.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 6-8 years of prior software development experience (or Master’s degree and 4-6 years of experience).
- Strong understanding of web-related technologies (experience developing consumer web applications preferred).
- Expertise with server-side web frameworks (Python/Django or PHP/Symfony preferred).
- Experience designing and developing service oriented architectures (SOA, microservices, etc.). You know how to build scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems.
- Strong knowledge of one or more relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, or Oracle) and familiarity with one or more NoSQL databases.
- Experience using Docker containers and deploying on cloud infrastructure (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google) is highly desired.
- Excellent object oriented programmer. You use good design patterns, know how to write good tests, and your code is understandable and maintainable.
- Natural problem-solver who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication with ability to explain complex technical concepts with ease.
- Previous experience guiding and mentoring other aspiring engineers.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Corporate / senior
334 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94107. USA
San Francisco , United States