The Master of Science (MS) program is intended for people who wish to broaden and deepen their understanding of computer science. Columbia University and the New York City environment provide excellent career opportunities with multiple industries. The program provides a unique opportunity to develop leading-edge in-depth knowledge of specific computer science disciplines. The department currently offers concentration tracks covering eight such disciplines. MS students are encouraged to participate in state of the art research with our research groups and labs.
All students must complete the following requirements:
- Complete a total of 30 points.
- Maintain at least a 2.7 overall GPA.
- Satisfy breadth requirements.
- Take at least 6 points of technical courses at the 6000-level.
- Only up to 3 points of your degree can be non-CS/non-technical courses. Non-CS/non-technical courses must be approved by your advisor. See track webpages for more information.
Students can choose from one of the tracks below. See track webpages for details on track requirements.
Foundations of Computer Science
Natural Language Processing
Vision, Graphics, Interaction, and Robotics
116th St & Broadway, New York, NY 10027
New York City , United States