Federal Work-Study

Saginaw Valley State University

Federal Work-Study provides part-time, on-campus employment for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for their education expenses.


Undergraduate and Graduate students with financial need.


Available to full or half-time students per semester

Half-time status - 6 undergraduate credits/5 graduate credits

How to Apply

To determine eligibility, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and express interest in work-study on the application.

Graduate Students must contact Campus Financial Services Center (CFSC) at (989) 964-4900 directly to express interest in work-study.  CFSC can review the FAFSA information and determine eligibility. 

Next Steps

Once a student has completed their FAFSA and it is processed through SVSU’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, they will receive a financial aid Award Letter listing the type and amount of financial aid offered.  If eligible, their award letter will reflect Federal Work-Study.

Next, the student must apply and be hired for on-campus employment through SVSU’s Career Services.

For those who do not qualify for Federal Work-Study, they may still apply for on-campus regular student employment.  Go to the Cardinal Career Network for a listing of on-campus employment opportunities through Career Services

More Information / Apply Now


Financial aid


North America

Saginaw , United States


United States



Financial aid